Monday, December 13, 2010

Catching Up

My first year of teaching I met Erin. We were both newbies navigating the exciting and sometimes scary world of public education. We hit it off immediately and I think it has something to do with our quirkiness. We have laughed the hardest and cried some too. She moved away a couple of years ago and I quit teaching and it has been hard for us to stay connected, but we try. Sunday night we got together after the kids were in bed. We went to Barnes & Noble and pretended we were young and hip and trendy while we sipped our Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate and tried to catch up at warp speed. We closed the place down and then moved the conversation to my car where there were heated seats. We laughed hard, talked about deep things, and just enjoyed each others company. It was really delightful. Well, until I realized I had to pee like I've never had to pee in my life. And Erin kept making me laugh. And the thought of peeing right there in the Barnes & Noble parking lot sounded like a really good idea. Then it got un-fun. That's not entirely true. It was fun all the way through with a side of urinary discomfort at the end. So worth it though. =)


Erin brought me this FABULOUS cake pop from a bakery in a nearby town. I saved it for today and it was sooooo yummy. I thought about taking a picture of the inside but something happened when I took that first bite and it was gone before I had a chance to grab the camera. =)

No comments :

Post a Comment