Monday, January 19, 2009

I don't want to!

I am having one of those days.

Last night before bed I sat down with my planner, my notebook, and the refreshing information I found here on organizing and preparing for a productive day. I thought about the 10 tasks I wanted to get done and then pulled the 3 most important ones and wrote them at the top of my page, those became my Most Important Tasks, more info on that here. Then, feeling rather good about myself, I went to bed. I really like lists and checking things off, so I just knew this would be Pu-errrfect for me.

The problem?

I woke up this morning and did not - I mean DID NOT want to do anything on that list. I didn't even want to look at it. Where was all that enthusiasm I had just hours ago? Seriously, I think I could have accomplished every task on that list last night I was so pumped. This morning I couldn't even congure up the energy to start. Instead, I found every little thing I could do to keep me from doing what was on my list. What is wrong with me?!?!

So, here's to what I didn't get accomplished today:
~the fridge is still full of old leftover containers and something brown and slimy
~there is still a pile of dirty clothes on the floor of my closet
~the floor still needs vacuumed
~the pile of bills/junk mail/paperwork still sits on the kitchen counter
~the living room is still overrun with toys

And, to what I did:
~made banana bread
~made baby food
~played with Lauren
~went shopping with a friend

Here's to a week of getting things done...or not. I guess we shall see what becomes of it.


On a more serious note, I have been having a hard time memorizing my memory verse this time around. Every time I think to practice it or say it over myself it seems like my mind goes somewhere else, or I have something I "need" to do instead. The verse I chose for this week reflects a very personal struggle that I've been going through with God. I need to believe that He knows me. I need to believe that this is a truth I have every right to claim as a daughter of Christ. For some reason, I'm struggling with getting into it. It makes me wonder what spiritual warfare is going on.
I hope that if you are participating you are having better luck this week. If you want to know more about the challenge, go here to read Beth Moore's post.


1 comment :

  1. In my reading last night and I came across a verse that talked about how important we are. I will try to find it again and send it your way! Don't feel bad about not getting everything accomplished....we all have those days and even weeks!!

    ReplyDelete