Thursday, June 02, 2011

Creation Day Five


Day Five

Day five! As I mentioned before it took us a long time to work through this unit on Creation, but I never gave up hope that we would finish it! I learned pretty quickly that we had a much slower pace than I had wanted but neither one of us got burnt out so I guess that was a positive!

The first thing we did was our coloring page for day five. 


Of course, Easton had to help us out by looking too darn cute for words. 



On day five God made fish and birds and we got ourselves outdoors to explore those beautiful (and if you are me totally scary) birds. We went for a walk around the neighborhood and listened and watched for the birds in their habitat. We also walked down by the pond and saw the ducks too. I didn't have my camera on me but it was such a peaceful walk with Easton sleeping soundly in the stroller and Lauren watching intently for all kinds of birds.

While we were out we picked up a few pinecones to make bird feeders for the birds who frequent our backyard. I know this idea has been around forever, but we just put peanut butter all over the pinecones, rolled them in bird seed, and then hung them in the tree in our backyard. 









Lauren was too precious when we hung the pinecone feeders. She kept calling out for the birdies to come eat the food she made them. It was precious. We watched for a long time after we hung them and didn't see any birdies stop by for a nibble. We are still waiting to catch them in the act of eating. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment