Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Verse #5

Wow! I can't believe how wonderful memorizing verses has been for me this year. I concur totally with the beautiful words my friend Kelly wrote about her experience here. Definitely worth a read! It seems like every verse I've chosen has challenged me in ways I never could have foreseen. For my new verse:

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:16-17

I think this verse is exactly what I need to remember during this season of my life. Oh Lord, that I would be renewed day by day! That I would not run away from to whatever you are teaching me or to however you are refining me, but that I would be changed! Lord, that I would keep my eyes on the eternal even in the midst of the crazy right now. 

I have a crazy idea! If you are memorizing scripture along with me this year I thought it might be fun to get together and meet for coffee one night and share the scriptures we've learned from heart! What if we plan a night after our 6th verse but before the 7th one and plan to share three of the scriptures we have down (we could share more if comfortable). I think it would be awesome to be in the presence of other women who are memorizing and applying scripture to their lives and to just be cheerleaders for each other. What do you think?! Let me know in the comments or email me if you are in!!! Also, if you aren't memorizing as many scriptures or aren't on the same plan as the Beth Moore Siesta Memory Team don't feel like this doesn't include you! I say if you have memorized any scripture and want to join us to come on!!!

2 comments :