Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jesus Invade

Today as I was scrubbing the gunk off of my shower walls, the song Invade by Watermark came on the Pandora station I was listening to. I stopped and really soaked in the words of the song and now I can't get it out of my head. I looked everywhere for the actual music video to put on here, but I can't find it. I thought I would post the lyrics in case you are interested.

I've been thinking a lot about what life will look like once Easton is here. I've thought about what I want my home to be like as my children grow, as I grow, and as my husband and I grow together. This song was so perfect for these musings. Oh how I want Jesus to invade these simple rooms. How I want Him to conquer all that opposes Him in this very house. How I want this place to be His!

Watermark - Invade

Come, come in
Invade all You see of us
Any man, who'd walk Your road is welcomed here
And You're the only one

Chorus:
Jesus, come and walk the halls of this house
Tread this place and turn it inside out
With Your mercy...
Jesus, teach us the prayers that open these doors
Until Your light floods in and illuminates these floors
And let Your truth be on our steps and in these rooms
Jesus invade...

Reach, reach in
With the hand that heals all our suffering
Conquer all that is not of You
Bring Your spirit through
As we fill these walls with Your praise

I call for angels
I call for mercy
I call for freedom
In the name of Jesus
In the name of Jesus

No comments :

Post a Comment