Friday, March 04, 2011

It's unbelievable the change in Lauren since Monday. She is feeling so much better. I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Our short stay in the hospital was full of all kinds of perspective slaps in the face and although I would never want to willingly go through that again, I am thankful for what God showed me during our time there and in the moments we've been home since.

As our entire life stopped and we focused solely on the health of our daughter I realized the first of many things - I take our health for granted. I take the normalcy of my life for granted. I take my home for granted. I don't mean to. It isn't a conscious decision I make. I am just so comfortable that I tend to forget how blessed I am. When we started to get ready for bed at the hospital I thought about the families of children who are so ill they are there for weeks and months and my heart just broke. I thought about the parents who were facing far worse diagnosis than we were. I realized that I've just come to expect that our family is healthy and happy. Staying that short time in the hospital opened my eyes to the reality of this fallen world. And, made me appreciate what I have more than I ever have.

The last few evenings have been so wonderful as we've gotten back to life around here. It's silly that a weekend away and then an unexpected hospital stay could put me so far behind on housework and such, but it really did. Thankfully, I had a couple of friends who offered out of the kindess of their hearts to prepare us dinner this week. Desire' brought over a fabulous chicken spaghetti and the cutest cupcakes ever Tuesday night, and then my friend Kelly brought us a delicious lasagna and yummy brownies Wednesday night. Thank you girls again and again and again. It was SO nice to be able to just spend time with Lauren and get some stuff done around the house and not have to worry about dinner. You girls rock!




Last night I had a coupon to Chipotle for a buy one get one free burrito that was about to expire so we decided to go ahead and make it another easy night for dinner. Before we went we decided to surprise Lauren with a trip to the park. :) She was ecstatic and the weather was gorgeous.












Thank you for the prayers and love you have shown our family this week. It meant so much knowing there were people praying and helping us through such a crazy time. We are really hoping things will slow down a tad in the last few weeks leading up to Easton's birth day.

3 comments :

  1. You have a beautiful family. So glad the baby is doing better =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a sweet little family! :-) I'm so glad that she's feeling and doing so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad she is feeling better. She is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete