Saturday, February 28, 2009

i need a break

I need a break from blogging. In fact, I need a break from the internet.

At this time in my life I feel like the internet is a great big black hole that has the power to suck me in. It can ruin the best intentions I have for my day. I'll plan to just check my blog and then 45 minutes later I emerge from the cyber world with a head full of stories and ideas but absolutely nothing to show for my time. When this happens two or three times a day, you can understand why I might be feeling down about myself. I've spent way too much time blogging, reading other peoples' blogs, checking facebook, checking my email, and just surfing the internet. Truly, it is draining me.

The verse I chose for myself at the beginning of this new month really encompasses what I feel God is leading me to do. I believe he has been calling me to redeem the time because the days are evil. I think he is telling me to get off of the internet and get things done! I'm tired of feeling guilty for not having things done around the house. I'm tired of feeling guilty for "needing" to check my blog or facebook in the evenings when I should be spending time with my husband. Really, I am just so tired of the hold that blogging, email, and facebook have on me right now.

My plan is pretty simple, but I am prayerful that it will work and that I will gain a better balance with this whole thing.

First of all, I will not be blogging or checking my blog for one week. I am sure this will be hard and I am going to be relying on my memory verse a lot! I will miss all of the blogs I love to check and I am sure I will be bombarded with a ton of things I feel I need to blog about. Ha! Wouldn't that figure since I have been in such a writing funk for a while.

Secondly, I will not be checking facebook for a week.

Thirdly, I will be checking my email only once a day. My plan is to do this in the evening. If you need to get ahold of me right away, you might just give me a call. Hopefully, I won't be available online!

Lastly, I will keeping the computer in our office/guest room. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

While I am taking a break from the internet, there are some areas that I feel I really need to work on.
1. Getting up earlier
2. Carving out a specific daily quiet time with God
3. Ironing out a specific schedule for Miss Lauren
4. Making my home a haven for Lauren to grow up in and for Shawn to come home to

Thank you for understanding this weird time in my life. I love you all and I will be back in a week to let you know how this process is going for me.

1 comment :

  1. I hope things go how you have planned and you get things sorted out. I will so miss reading your blog and catching up on how things are going each day, but I understand...

    ReplyDelete