Tuesday, March 24, 2009

this girl

Today I decided to really get serious about cleaning out and reorganizing Lauren's closet. I have been meaning to clear out and put away the clothes that she doesn't fit into anymore but life got in the way. Or I got lazy...one of the two. I have to say that I absolutely hate packing away her clothes. I get all emotional and sappy. I remember times when she wore the outfits and think about her when she was so small not too long ago.

I was talking to my mom about Lauren growing up just the other day and I was telling her how it made me kind of sad. She reminded me that if the Lord wills it, I will have other children. I know that, but I just can't get over the fact that I will never have Lauren in this stage again. Yes, I hope to have other children, but these moments of babyhood with Lauren will never be again. I can't help but feel all sentimental about it. She is growing so fast and while I truly delight in all the things she can do now and the little person she is becoming, a part of me longs for those baby wrinkles and first bonding moments. Am I crazy? I guess, if nothing else, having these feelings remind me to make the most of every single day with this girl.

3 comments :

  1. You are definitely NOT crazy...I completely understand. I think those feelings are very normal. We're glad they're growing and strong, yet we miss when they were smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely adorable! Having those feelings help you savor the day-to-day moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, that Lauren is so cute!! I LOVE looking at her pictures.

    I completely relate to feeling sad about putting away baby clothes. I go through a little depression every time I pack clothes away. At every age my girls reach, I think it's my favorite but, I do miss them as babies (not the sleepless nights, though :)

    ReplyDelete