Friday, February 22, 2013

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday!!!

This week was a strange one for me. Full of all kinds of thoughts and fears and just dealing with my own self. I don't really know why but I'm trusting God will reveal it in due time.

In the meantime here is my Top Five for this week...you are so welcome. ;)

1. We've started back at decorating/painting/just getting our house out of the 90's again. I found this darling little half table at TJ Maxx and couldn't resist. It was just what I'd been looking for and it fits the space perfectly.

This picture was taken in the evening so it's a bit dark but you get the idea, right? 


We finally painted our master bedroom and bathroom! The rooms aren't finished yet so I won't share all the pics, but we painted our bathroom white....which I absolutely love and the hubs isn't sure about yet.


I found this old looking shelf-y thing at TJ Maxx when I found the hall table so I had to pick it up too. I have big dreams of fun little things going on the shelves...for now my lone perfume bottle occupies the space.

2. My friend Miranda has started selling Scentsy and I ordered a few things from her as she is getting started and I love my house to smell yummy! I bought this little warmer that was discounted and three scents for now. She has just started a scent of the month club too which I am signing up for!


3. I. Bought. Boots. I've been wanting a pair for a long time but could not justify the cost...because of course if I was gonna buy a pair I'd want a nice pair. I come from a family that spares no expense for their boots...my mama has a pair of Corral boots and she rocks them. My daddy and brother both wear boots and I think they look so stinking handsome in 'em. My sister in law looks adorable in hers with skirts and jeans (and let's face it anything because she is so unfairly beautiful...a sack would look amazing on her!) Of course, my hubby also rocks the boots and oh man do I like that. :) The moment I saw these Corral boots I just knew I loved them. They are a distressed brown leather with cream embroidery all over them. Be still my heart. They are tall so I can wear them with skirts, skinny jeans, and my boot cuts.


4. After BSF on Wednesday we met my SIL for a little Target date and then I stopped at McDonald's to get the kids some chicken nuggets and let's just face it....mama needed a Coke. About 5 miles from home I looked in my rear view mirror to see this....the kid fell asleep with a chicken nugget in his mouth! How does that even happen? Lauren and I couldn't stop laughing and of course I had to stop and get his picture. 


 5. Lauren drew this picture of her and Easton and I think I will treasure it forever. It's such a real representation of their relationship right now. All hurt feelings and she/he is not sharing moments. According to her this is a picture of the two of them playing with Easton's tractors. When asked why Easton is frowning, quite frankly she says it's because she has the tractor. Welcome to my world.


Okay I know this post is high FIVE for Friday but I'm totally adding one more...

This evening Shawn and I are loading our kiddos up to drop them off with my AMAZING parents for the weekend.  Tomorrow morning we will be heading to CoMO with our friends the Drew's and McMillan's to go see this man....


Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Linking up here.

1 comment :

  1. The chicken nugget is hilarious!!! Check out the fry in his hand, too! LOVE that little table! So cute!

    ReplyDelete