Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Spinning Circles

I have big dreams.

I have big plans.

And I am passionate about these dreams and plans. Often I spend lots and lots of time perfecting them in my mind.

But, you know what I don't do enough of? Wanna know what I'm NOT good at?

Walking those dreams and plans out. 

Putting feet to them.

Just. doing. the. thing. 

I'm the one who pins a zillion cool ideas, buys the supplies for them, and then lets them sit in a corner somewhere because she is too afraid to fail at creating them.

I'm the one who wants so badly to rise before the kids and yet still chooses the pull the covers back over her head in the mornings.

I'm the one who never gets anything done because she can't start a project if she knows she won't be able to finish it.

Well, I'm realizing something in this beautiful and SO very crazy season of life I am in. I am NOT going to be able to finish a project in one sitting. It just ain't gonna happen.

I'm also realizing that if I don't start somewhere I am always going to feel a mile behind. I am always going to just be spinning circles around myself, writing yesterday's to-do's on tomorrow's list.

I have a long way to go...and I'm afraid of failing.

But - here goes.

2 comments :

  1. I think we get along so well because we are SO ALIKE! I was giving myself a little pep talk today about how I need to me proactive about being this "person" that I want to be. I have all these dreams and ideas and plans, but like you, I NEVER do them. What's wrong with us?! I'm so proud of you for taking control and just DOING IT! :) Maybe now I will be motivated to do the same! I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! I can so identify with having so many great ideas, getting the supplies... or maybe not even getting that far, and then not doing the project or finishing it. It's so frustrating to me, yet so hard for me to change it. I'm right there with ya sista!

    ReplyDelete