Thursday, April 15, 2010

random nonsense

I feel like I've been pretty sparse around here lately and every time I try to sit down and write something I just can't form the words. I'm going to try to do a little bulleted list of what I've been up to lately.

  • We are in the process of renovating our kitchen. We aren't removing the cabinetry because...well, that would cost way too much. We may decide to paint them later, but I think that would also be a TON of work. Anyway, we are getting new countertops (to be installed next Wednesday!!!!) and we also got all new appliances!!!! But right now, my kitchen looks like this:


  • Jillian and I are reconciling. With summer around the corner and sleeveless dresses to wear I realized that I had to just let go of some of the hate and make up with her. Try as I might, I just could not do THE SHRED again. I still need some time, people. Instead, I picked up this jewel of hers. The term jewel is used here very loosely. 

  • Lauren is growing and learning more and more every single day. I'm noticing just how particular about things she is going to be (1st child?!?!) and it both frightens and pleases me.  For instance, if she sees a piece of trash/dirt/crumb/etc. on the floor she says "Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh..." until either Shawn or I notice. She will pick it up and throw it away, but she wants to make sure everyone knows that something was way out of place! She is also talking a lot more. She tells me she loves me and gives me hugs around my legs. Is there anything more precious than that? She loves nothing more than to be outside. I'm looking forward to a good tan this summer!!!
  • I got a new phone!!! An iPhone!!! If you need my new number email me. I had to get a new one. :) Also, if you have any suggestions for apps, let me know. Right now I have the facebook, Pandora, and Scribble apps. That.is.it. :)
  • I'm in the market for a new swimsuit. I like these because they are cute AND they cover the belly. ;) Jillian, help me!!!



  • Shawn and I are going on a date this weekend with our good friends, Tanner and Kelly. I seriously could not be more excited. A.DATE.WITH.OTHER.ADULTS! This is how we looked a long time ago. This was before kids and I think we were getting ready to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oh dear have times changed!!!

  • My mom made me the most beautiful and meaningful bracelet. It is based on the Fruits of the Spirit. I love wearing it as a reminder and it matches almost everything. :) She has started making jewelry and I am so excited that I get to be the recipient of her talents!!! She also makes earrings and necklaces. I'm so proud of her!!!

  • This is what the sky looks from a picnic blanket on my back. 

  • Dogwood trees are my favorite part of Spring. Probably because as far back as I can remember my dad brought my mom freshly cut branches from the farm to put in a vase on our dining room table. I will never forget that. Shawn even brings them to me now. Love that. Love that very much. 

    1 comment :

    1. Love hearing all that you've been up to AND I'm so excited to see your kitchen when it's done. You and Shawn are so good at that kind of thing. I know it will be fabulous!!!! Are you tiling under the cabinets? Please post pictures of the finished room!! XOXO!

      ReplyDelete