Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Prayer

I can get overwhelmed very easily. I can make a simple thing really, really hard. I can organize until I've made myself even more unorganized. I can mull something over in my head trying to figure out the best way to do it and then never actually get around to doing it.

I have a hard time dealing with something that isn't the ideal situation. I can't get past the wishing that it was ideal long enough to realize that I have a pretty good thing right in front of me. So many times I've let opportunities walk right out my front door because I didn't just seize them up and run with them.

Father, you created me and know my tendencies to let perfection become a stumbling block. You know the creativity you have given me and why you gave it. You know my inability to follow through with things and the emptiness that leaves in me. You know that so often instead of trusting in You I end up leaning on my own understanding. Oh Lord, that I would begin to truly acknowledge You and get out of my own way to allow You to make my crooked paths straight.  That I would choose Your way over perfection. Amen.

1 comment :

  1. Thank you Jen so much for this. I am starting a new job today and I am feeling A LOT of uneasiness and I knew you would have an encouraging word on here. Thanks again so much.

    ReplyDelete