Wednesday, January 02, 2013

One Little Word ~ 2013

I've participated in the One Little Word craze the past few years and while I'm not sure I've shared a ton about it here it's something that has really helped me focus my life and goals each year.

In 2009 my word was Create. I pursued new areas of crafty-ness and found such pleasure in making my house a home.
In 2010 my word was Joy. I went on a journey to be a woman of true godly joy. I learned that joy is more than happy times....it is a deep rooted reaction to hard times and good times.
In 2011 my word was {be}Present. The iPhone and computer were taking over my life and I sought to remind myself to be in the moment with my God, kids, husband, family, and friends.
In 2012 my word was Survive. I struggled deeply with postpartum depression and learned the importance of relying on God daily.

And in 2013 I've chosen a small phrase that I think will still count as my one little word.
Drumroll, please ~ dum dum dum dum dum dum


I want to celebrate every single day of my life. I want to celebrate the smiles, the tears, the half birthdays, the dinners cooked well, the friends I've been blessed with, the family I love, the little things and the big things....I want to celebrate it all.

Celebrating the every day opens my eyes to the beautiful gifts God has given me. Focusing on the positive rather than the negative allows me to grow a heart of gratitude instead of discontentment. I am so thankful that God placed this little phrase on my heart this year. I won't even begin to speculate what he has up his sleeve for me with this word, but with him in the lead I'm ready!

Do you have a "one little word" for 2013? I'd love to hear it and cheer you on!!!

7 comments :

  1. LOVED your post!!! :) I think my word would be "Persistent" - I need to just stick with things and persist through them.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is a great one!!! I need that one too! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Jen I always love reading about your home life. You have been blessed with so many great things. I think that I should start this after reading all the great things that have come out of it for you. I think that I need to start with the word "Rely" my life isn't everything that I would hope it to be and I am just really looking for something more. So this year I think that I need to rely on God a lot more to help me through these struggles that I am having. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica I love that word! I'll be praying with you this year as you seek to Rely on him more fully! I can't wait to see what he has in store for you! Thank you for blessing me this morning sweet friend!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jen for the encouragement. I might come to you for advice every now and then if that is ok with you, and I will let you know how it is going.

      Delete
  3. Love your word, and your 'logo'!!
    Here's to a celebrated 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was prеtty pleаsed to find this web site.
    I need to to thank уou for οnes time for thiѕ fantastic reаd!
    ! I definitеly liked every bіt of it and I hаve
    you book marked tο looκ at nеw things оn уour ωеb site.
    Feel free to visit my page ... earn money

    ReplyDelete