Monday, November 26, 2012

A Thank-FULL Heart!

Oh my word. I love Thanksgiving. I mean absolutely love it. I love that it is a chance to slow down, eat really well, and enjoy my family. We've been switching off years between families for a couple of years now and although we hate missing Thanksgiving with the other side of our family, it really helps us not be too stressed or busy during this thankful time. This year we headed to my parents house.

On the way there we called Shawn's parents to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving. Easton loves talking on the phone now. He gets so excited and then you hand him the phone and he just stares into space. :) It cracks us up! He was "talking" to Papa Wayne and Meme here!



When we made it to the house, the boys all had to get their bows out for some shooting practice. ;) They cracked me up. But, I wouldn't have had it any other way. Side note...I love my brothers so stinking much.



My dad burned his face pretty bad the day before Thanksgiving, so the white-ish stuff is ointment the doctor gave him. Easton is Big Papa's buddy for sure. He wanted to be wherever the boys were.


Each Thanksgiving my dad deep fries our turkey. I know that might sound totally crazy to some but it is seriously the. best. turkey. you. will. ever. eat. ever. I'm serious. It is so juicy and flavorful. There is no comparison in my book! This year he fried four!



Easton wanted to help hold the arrows and was so proud when Uncle Jared gave him some of his to hold.



I took this picture and couldn't believe how blessed I am. I am so thankful for these two little people. They've given me the name Momma and it's a title I take very seriously. I love them both so very much.



My mom makes the BEST homemade rolls ever. They smelled sooooo good and it was so hard to wait!


I'm thankful for my mama. She's put up with me and loved me through everything. I adore her and am just honored to be her daughter.


Easton wanted to take his turn with the bow. ;)






Aunt Victoria and Easton...


Thanksgiving always makes me feel even more thankful for my man. I don't know why he puts up with me or why he chose me all those years ago but I am loving growing older with him. We've been blessed with a love that is from God and I am honored to be his wife.


This Thanksgiving I reflected on how blessed I am, how loved I am, and how much I want to love on and bless others. I have a heart that is full of thanks!

1 comment :

  1. LOVE! Such a happy post! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I can't believe how big Easton is getting! What a little man! :)

    ReplyDelete