Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Five Months, Easton! (A little late!)

Dear Easton,

You are five months old! Actually today you are five months and nine days old. Every month I say the same thing, but oh my you are growing too fast! It is hard to even imagine you as a tiny newborn. You are so solid and adorably chubby.

You are a really big boy! You weigh 17 pounds and are in the 98th percentile for height! You are going to be tall like your daddy. :) You are no longer able to wear 3 to 6 month clothes...it's all 6 and 9 month stuff for you now. I just can't believe how fast you go through clothes. We haven't tried shoes on you very often, but you have loooong feet so I bet you would outgrow those fast too.


You are still a really good eater. You eat pretty much every three hours around the clock...that part isn't so great. I wish you would give me longer stretches of sleep at night, but the most I can actually ever count on is three hours. Some nights you will go as long as four or five hours between eating, but those nights are few and far between. :( We are getting ready to start you on solids (this week!!!) so I am hoping that by adding that to your diet you will be able to sleep longer periods or even through the night! You are napping through the day alright. You usually take one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and then a cat-nap in the late evening. You have slept for as long as an hour and a half during a nap time but most of the time your naps are more like 30 to 45 minutes. 


You are a super happy baby. You smile and laugh and talk to us all of the time. You are a mama's boy big time. If you are upset or tired I am usually the only one who can get you calmed down. Although it is sweet and endearing, it is also a little bit tiring on me. I know this is only a stage, though so I am trying to just embrace every single moment of it!


You have outgrown your swing, but still like to sit in the bouncy seat. We got your excersaucer down and you really love it. You have just figured out how to bounce in it and that makes you really happy. You also really like your high chair. I can put you in it with a few toys and you stay happy while I clean the kitchen or get dinner going.


You have TWO teeth! You got them right before your five month birthday. It seems really early to me, but you are a big boy so I guess it was time! You want to put everything in your mouth and you love to chew/suck on my shoulders when I carry you around.


Son, you are a joy to our family. I love how it feels like we have never been without you. I love everything about you...even your lack of sleeping skills. ;) It is so hard to believe that you are almost half a year old.

I love you to the moon and back fourteen million times!

Love,
Mama

1 comment :