Thursday, December 03, 2009

....after

First off, I got started on our dinner preparations. We are having T-bone steak (thanks, mom and dad!!!) and baked potatoes. I put the steaks in our favorite marinade and got those in the fridge. Then, I started on the potatoes. Have you ever baked your potatoes in a crock pot? I do it all the time and they are sooo yummy!!! These are perfect especially if you work outside the home or know you will be gone most of the day and won't have the hour before dinner to bake them. They are also great in the summer so you don't have to warm up your kitchen with the oven.

The first thing I do after washing and poking holes in the taters is to coat them with salt. They are best with sea salt, but alas, I did not have any on hand... regular old table salt will do the trick. Then just wrap them up like little baby tater burritos and plop them in the crock-pot on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 3 to 4. Perfection!




Here are the after pictures. Much, much better if I do say so myself!!! I will tell you not to be fooled though, there is still MUCH to be done in regards to the drawers. That is another post for another day!!!





Now on to the living room and to organizing toys!

No comments :

Post a Comment